Internet Access: America OnLine

Subject: Internet Access: America OnLine
From: ka9fox@aol.com (ka9fox@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 3 13:18:07 1993
Just thought I'd drop my two pennies in and tell you about my access.  I have
subscribed to America On Line.  They charge $9.95 per month for 5 hours of
access.  $3.50 per hour thereafter, billed in 1 minute increments.  There is
NO CHARGE for sending OR receiving any e-mail, including Internet, 24 hours a
day.  For now, you can only send and receive e-mail, no file transfers.  They
say they are working on full Internet access.

Like Delphi, they have a free trial.  First month free including 10 free
hours.  Drop me e-mail if you want a kit.  Tell me if you have Apple II, Mac,
IBM DOS, or IBM Windows and what size disk (3.5 or 5.25).

A big bonus to AOL is that in addition to Internet, you have access thousands
of shareware programs, news, forums, etc., etc.

If you are a Mac user, you get an extra bonus.  You can do "flash sessions"
which allow you to log in, download e-mail, upload prepared e-mail, and log
off right away.  You can then casually read and reply to e-mail at your
convenience.  Big time/money saver! They haven't incorporated this feature
for other platforms yet.

73 Scott KA9FOX

KA9FOX@aol.com