10 Meter Contest Score

Subject: 10 Meter Contest Score
From: mbarts@vt.edu (Michael Barts)
Date: Mon Dec 13 19:33:05 1993
Here's my report for this weekend's contest

Single Op, Low power, Phone only

  Q    M
 117   36   =  8,424 pts

Operating time   4:30

Equipment: IC-735, vertical

Very strange condx, indeed. Was at the office all day Sat so only squeezed
in some time Sat nite and Sunday. Good openings to New England both Sat
and Sun evenings. Good tropo opening to FL Sunday nite about 0430Z, too bad
there weren't more guys still up. Worked some good AF DX Sunday morning
but heard nothing out of EU. SA was also rare (when did that happen last?).
No openings into TX or midwest. Ed, K1TR, is right, this was more like six
meters in a VHF contest. Tnx to all of you who pulled my puny signal out of
the noise and nice to work many of you from the reflector.

73, KB4NT, Mike Barts