10Meter Contest Score W3LPL

Subject: 10Meter Contest Score W3LPL
From: TYLERSTEWART@delphi.com (TYLERSTEWART@delphi.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 02:27:38 1993
Boy, this is starting to feel a lot like a VHF contest!  Lots of meteor,
etc. modes...signals coming in from any direction on skewed and scatter paths.

Here are our numbers for our Multi effort this year:

914 CW Q's
1411 SSB Q's         2325 total Q's

134 country mults
118 state/etc. mults  252 total mults

for 1.633 Megapoints

OPs:  KH2F-SSB  KF3P-CW  (with some crossover for mults)

Equipment:  TS950
            SSB      FT1000D-CW   feeding single monoband 3-1000Z amp
            2 computers networked running CT8 + packet
Antenna:    7el @ 200'
            Stacked 6el at 40/80' fixed on EU
            2.5 el fixed South at 50'
                  (USED to be 3 el!)

Even tho the WWV numbers were low,  we had decent openings into EU
(considiering!)
...at least it was better than CQWW a couple weeks ago!  Opening started earlier
and ended later, but no skewed path from the southeast, which hurt the boys
down south.  No JA's or AK's es no LP Asia in the AM.

Using the 950SD es FT1000
D side by side with common antennas, we found the 1000 produced more copyable
signals by a significant margin.  Note this was a fairly unscientific test es
Ken and I both own 1000's...  hi hi.

73 es CU in the January VHF Test on 2 meters from K3MQH!

Tyler, KF3P