unsub

Subject: unsub
From: Rob_Ontiveros_at_Notes-Gate@sceng.UB.com (Rob_Ontiveros_at_Notes-Gate@sceng.UB.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 08:10:32 1993

  unsub rontiver.ub.ub.com at smtplink-ub@ccmail

From: dcurtis@mipos2.intel.com (Dave Curtis) (Dave Curtis)
Subject: Calls (N0GA)

> ISU stands for Illinois State University.
> Ralph Bellas  K9ZO
> MBA Program

BullS***!!! ISU means Iowa State University (Club W0YI)
Go Cyclones!

And, by the way, U of M means University of Minnesota,
NOT Maryland, NOT Michigan.  Go Gophers!

-Dave NG0X
 ISU '79, UoM '87

From: George Cutsogeorge <0006354141@mcimail.com> (George Cutsogeorge)
Subject: IC-751A

When I was in Princeton I ran extensive lab
tests on most of the good contesting radios
and printed the results in the FRC bulletin
over a period of 10 years or so.
The 751A was of interest because it is a very
reasonable design and is in a small enough box
for DXpeditioning.  For example, it's the radio
that Rich, K3IPK uses for his trips to 6V6U.
My memory is failing on this, but I do remember
that the original 751 (no A) had a very poor
rcvr design with a wide open first I.F.  You
could hear lots of stuff that wasn't on the band
that the radio was tuned to.

Some of the test results:

CW Noise Floor = -137dBm @ 14MHz, Preamp off.
CW Noise Floor = -141dBm @ 14MHz, Preamp on.
Third Order Intercept = +16dBm @ 20kHz spacing.
                            Preamp off
"         "       "    = +24dBm @ 100kHz spacing
                            Preamp off

The 751A had very good phase noise performance.
Close in, at 5 and 10kHz offset it is better than
the 930,940,781, and the FT1000. (Substantially.)

If any one is interested in the 3 page test
result, send me an sase at:

13620 Tyee Road
Umpqua, OR 97486

73, George W2VJN