Antenna Modeling Software

Subject: Antenna Modeling Software
From: WEBSTER_KER@CSUSYS.CTSTATEU.EDU (WEBSTER_KER@CSUSYS.CTSTATEU.EDU)
Date: Mon Jan 3 12:27:37 1994
I hate to break the flow of Regional Contesting discussions, but with the cold
winters here in New England, I'm getting the itch to play with some antenna
designs. I'd like to get one of the many modeling software packages on the
market, but I have no idea which is best or what they look like.

My main requirements for the program are:

  1. Easy to use.
  2. Produce beam pattern graphs (both E-Plane and H-Plane). Nice graphics
     would be a nice extra.
  3. Be reasoably accurate
  4. Run on a 386 - I don't want a hardware hog.

I'll be building mainly HF wire antennas, but I may want to play with beam/yagi

designs.

Any comments on packages that anyone has (or has used) would be appreciated.
Thanks... Kevin N1EPU
          [WEBSTER_KER@CCSU.CTSTATEU.EDU]