NAQP team submissions

Subject: NAQP team submissions
From: blckhole@aol.com (blckhole@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jan 4 12:18:59 1994
Who do I submit team information to for both CW & SSB NAQP and does this
individual have an e-mail address ??

Please respond directly.

tnx

Keith WB9TIY
Society of Midwest Contesters
blckhole@aol.com

From: Jim Reisert AD1C  04-Jan-1994 1236 <reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com> (Jim
Reisert AD1C 04-Jan-1994 1236)
Subject: CIS PREFIXES TODAY

------------------Reply to mail dated 4-JAN-1994 12:31:15.46------------------

Willy, UW9AR wrote:

>Pse note, that my source skipped UV & UW series. Is it gonna be retained
>w/Russia? Supposedly it went to Ukraine. Am I gonna stay with
>my lovely UW9AR? Will see in a while...

According to December 1993 QST, page 110, the following prefixes which
formerly belonged to Russia but are now in the Ukraine block will change to:

        UN becomes RN
        UV becomes RX
        UW becomes RU
        UZ becomes RK

We have already seen PacketCluster spots for RU0LL (ex-UW0LL) and RK1OWZ
(ex-UZ1OWZ).  So, Willy, I suspect your new callsign will be RU9AR.

>In the listing above I missed UD - formerly Azerbaijan cuz my source forgot
>to tell me and I forgot to ask...

According to the same QST list:

        UD (Azerbaijan) becomes 4J,4K
        UG (Armenia) becomes EK.

Now, a number of stations in Azerbaijan were using the 4K prefix in the CQWW
CW contest.  Furthermore, Armenians have been using the 4J prefix (i.e.
4J4GAT).  I guess we have to wait and see how this all works out.

73 - Jim AD1C