still not N4BO NAQP

Subject: still not N4BO NAQP
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 11 11:24:20 1994
                                NCJ NA QSO PARTY

     Exchanged Information: NV6O ERIC CA

     Hours of Operation: 04:40

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     ----------------------------------
     160          8         8        5
      80         35        35       21
      40         56        56       31
      20         96        96       37
      15         34        34       20
      10         14        14       11
     ----------------------------------
     TOTAL      243       243      125      SCORE: 30,375

The Saturday chores limited my air time to about 4.5 hrs starting
at about 2130Z.  Caught a few minutes of 10M and then followed the herd
downward as the bands changed.  Boy!  Either the bands went completely
flat forcing all involved to push the bandswitch, or we're all a bunch
of lemmings following blindly.  Of course, if I put together a 2 radio
setup, and actually listened to another band in real time, I might have
a different understanding.

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! I discovered another universe of CW
participants who no savvy NV6O.  I don't remember how many times I had
to repeat the call -- even at 10 wpm.  Then when I did, sometimes the
other station would feel insulted at my qrs and not ack the call.  Time
to get out the Venn Diagrams to see what universe I belong in.

This was my first NAQP and I really really like it.  This non-dx contest
stuff is addicting.  Of course it really helps when the ops on the other
end of the qso's are almost all tremendously gifted.

Don't know about SSB, the garage monster needs to be fed again.
(Clean up time)

Eric NV6O ( at all speeds)