Regional Scoring

Subject: Regional Scoring
From: tavan@tss.com (tavan@tss.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 09:02:21 1994
I don't think major grid-square subdivisions are any better as a
criterion for supplementary score reporting than any other.
Think about the squares that straddle country or continent
boundaries:  scores will be much higher on the Asian side than
the Euro side, for example.  Grids work when they themselves are
the multipliers and point determinants.  Otherwise, it's better
to stick with geopolitical boundaries that match the sponsor's
reporting and scoring criteria.  Subdivision within them, i.e.
by time zone, would be nice.

73,

/Rick Tavan N6XI
tavan@tss.com