3Y0PI in Sprint

Subject: 3Y0PI in Sprint
From: zf8bs@twg.com (zf8bs@twg.com)
Date: Sun Feb 6 10:03:04 1994
There was quite an amusing situation on 20m Saturday evening during the
first couple of hours of Sprint that those of you in the Sprint probably
missed.  3Y0PI was down at about 14023 listening up, calling "EU only".
He was greeted, of course, by dozens and dozens of people making calls like
"WN3K  NA".  The 3Y operator was getting quite upset that he couldn't get
the message through that he would take Europe only and instead got North
Americans who were oblivious to his warnings.  I think he finally figured
out what was happening and narrowed his split down to stay away from Sprint.
                                 Bruce, AA6KX (starting Saturday:  ZF8BS)