Sprint write-up

Subject: Sprint write-up
From: price@cod.nosc.mil (price@cod.nosc.mil)
Date: Thu Feb 10 08:47:34 1994
>Continuing Danny's thread:
>
>For the sprint, instead of using an asterisk to indirectly denote who
>the scumbags are (me) that did not submit an electronic entry, an
>asterisk would be far better used to show a 100 W entry.  It seems
>that if someone sent in an electronic entry, they pretty much know
>they did it.

Hear, hear!  Being a confirmed barefooter, I'd appreciate some recognition
or, more importantly, some means of comparing how I did with 100 watts vs.
others in the same category.

I never did see any other CW Sprint scores postings besides mine indicating
low power.  Surely I'm not the only one?

--Jim, K6ZH

From: len@ariel.coe.neu.edu (Leonard Kay) (Leonard Kay)
Subject: Contest QSLing

>>>Y.A.R. (Yet Another Reason) in favor of requiring electronic log
>>>submission....
>>
>>>Len KB2R
>>
>>What happens to those contest QSO's made in CQ WW, CQ WW WPX, WAEU Contest,
>>SAC etc. Could be a enourmous pile of disks?
>>
>>Should the contest organizers of these contests send all logs to ARRL???
>>
>>I think they should, if you accept contest QSO's without QSL card. But I
>>don't think ARRL would like to file all contest QSO's in the wolrd to their
>>files!??

>Jari OH2BVE
>hatjwi@hatmail.hatfi1.msgw.kone.com

Well, I can't speak for Ward or Barry, but I would think Of course not, you
can't expect the ARRL to file away every contest ever contested, to borrow a
phrase.
But you *could* expect them to have all the ARRL contests on file. *Including
VHF!*
I'm not a VHF contester (yet), but I would think that would greatly simplify
VUCC
applications ?!?

---> And, could this perk (instant DXCC/WAS credit for ARRL contest QSO's) be
successfully
marketed to increase ARRL contest (DX/SS/10m/160m/RTTY etc) participation?

Len KB2R

From: Skelton, Tom" <TSkelton@engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM (Skelton, Tom)
Subject: VHF reflector

Any of you dx'ers (including VHF) or contesters (including VHF)
aware of an active mail reflector for VHF topics?  I saw it mentioned
a few months ago, but can't remember where.

thanks. 73, Tom WB4IUX
Tom.Skelton@ClemsonSC.NCR.COM

From: Skelton, Tom" <TSkelton@engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM (Skelton, Tom)
Subject: computer keying

Request for advice!  I have finally decided to get off my
duff and build the trivial circuit to key the Kenwood TS690S
from the computer for contests.  My experience tells me
the 2n2222A/1K resistor should work fine, but I should
put it in a shielded box and use good quality shielded
cables for all I/O.  As a former EMI engineer, I have to ask
if any of you have seen increased emissions from the
computer by attaching a cable to the LPT port?  Did you
need to add ferrite beads/chokes on the cables, or
directly on the data lines for filtering? Many thanks for
all direct replies to me.  73, Tom WB4IUX
Tom.Skelton@ClemsonSC.NCR.COM
ps:  Am I the last dummy that still operates CW contests
with computer logging and doesn't key the radio from
the computer????  I am almost embarrassed....  ;-(

From: tree@cmicro.com (Larry Tyree) (Larry Tyree)
Subject: Yet another logging program reflector.

There is now a reflector working for users of the "Brand-T" logging
program.  To post, send your messages to N6TRLOG@cmicro.com.  To get
on or off the distribution list, send a message to n6tr@cmicro.com.

There is already a distribution list, so you may of already seen one
or two messages from the reflector.  If not, then you can assume your
name is not on the list and you need to send me a message.

This reflector is intended to download any messages that are only of
interest to N6TR users from the contest reflector.  Messages about
logging programs in general that are of interest to others besides
N6TR users may still be posted on cq-contest.

Tree N6TR

PS: We do the DVK now!!

From: geoiii@bga.com (George Fremin III - WB5VZL) (george fremin iii)
Subject: cw sprint rumors - 2/11/94 01z or so.

CW SPRINT 2/6/94
Claimed Scores as of 2/110/94

CALL   QSO x MULT = SCORE (band beakdowns 20 40 80)
-------------------------
KR0Y   359 x 47  = 16,873 (109 147 103)
K5GN   340 x 45  = 15,300
KM9P   334 x 44  = 14,696 (91 127 112)
N6TR   324 x 43  = 13,932
KZ2S   330 x 42  = 13,860 (104 131 95)
N6TV   330 x 42  = 13,776 (98 120 110)
W5WMU  331 x 41  = 13,571 (K5GA op)
K6LL   323 x 42  = 13,566
K1KI   322 x 42  = 13,524 (106 122 94)
K7SS   298 x 44  = 13,112

AA4NC  283 x 46  = 13,018
N2IC   319 x 40  = 12,760
K5MR   293 x 43  = 12,599
N5RZ   323 x 39  = 12,597
N6DX   292 x 43  = 12,556
K5ZD   309 x 40  = 12,360
KT3Y   296 x 41  = 12,136
N6AA   281 x 43  = 12,083
W9RE   281 x ??  = ??
AD5Q   287 x 42  = 12,054

K7SV   268 x 38  = 12,015
K4PQL  313 x 38  = 11,894
AG9A   290 x 41  = 11,890
KI3V/7 295 x 40  = 11,800 (WN4KKN op)  estimated score
KW8N   284 x 41  = 11,644
W2GD   290 x 40  = 11,600
N6VR   272 x 42  = 11,424
W2RQ   284 x 40  = 11,360
K6XT   270 x 42  = 11,340
N6XI   276 x 41  = 11,316 (80 116 80)

W1FEA  274 x 41  = 11,234
N7NG   287 x 39  = 11,193
WX0B   277 x 40  = 11,080 (NM5M op)
K3WW   277 x 40  = 11,080 (78 126 73)
W9UP   270 x 41  = 11,070 (N0BSH op)
KE2PF  270 x 41  = 11,070
K9ZO   275 x 40  = 11,000
KB4GID 264 x 41  = 10,824
K3WW   270 x 40  = 10,800
N4ZZ   263 x 41  = 10,783

AA4GA  269 x 40  = 10.760
K4AMC  267 x 40  = 10,680
AA7NX  260 x 41  = 10,660
WD0T   273 x 39  = 10,647
K2MM   253 x 42  = 10,626
K5TU   258 x 41  = 10,578
N8AA   261 x 40  = 10,440
W5ASP  240 x 43  = 10,320
K6XO   257 x 40  = 10,280
K7SV   268 x 38  = 10,184

KN5H   252 x 40  = 10,080
WX9U   250 x 39  =  9,750
NA4K   263 x 38  =  9,576
KI3L   239 x 40  =  9,560
KM0L   221 x 42  =  9,282
AA6ML  225 x 41  =  9,225
KE3Q   242 x 38  =  9,196
NV6O   229 x 40  =  9,160
K8MR   246 x 37  =  9,102
K6ZH   221 x 40  =  8,840

WA4PGM 226 x 39  =  8,814
W1IHN  230 x 38  =  8,740
K1IU   218 x 39  =  8,502
NC6U   234 x 36  =  8,424
N4TY   209 x 40  =  8,360
N0AX   203 x 41  =  8,323
AA9C   206 x 40  =  8,240
KM5H   200 x 40  =  8,000
KE4GY  195 x 41  =  7,995
VE5MX  210 x 38  =  7,980

WQ5L   185 x 41  =  7,585
N4AA   191 x 39  =  7,449
W6MUW  190 x 39  =  7,410
NT5D   176 x 40  =  7,040
NF6H   176 x 39  =  6,864
N7LOX  194 x 34  =  6,596
K5RC   176 x 36  =  6,336
WN3K   173 x 34  =  5,882
K8JLF  173 x 34  =  5,882
N1EE   163 x ??  =  ??

K5DX   122 x 35  =  4,270
WB5VZL 101 x 33  =  3,333
KD5PJ  105 x 31  =  3,255
W7WHY  101 x 30  =  3,030
K3TLX   93 x 31  =  2,883
NZ5I    45 x 24  =  1,080
W9WI    42 x 22  =    924
WB8RUQ  26 x 18  =    468
N6KL     7 x  7  =     49

Clubs:
Southeast Clusteroids 96,838
Texas DX Society      88,810
NERDS                 23,892

a big *THANK YOU* to Scott ka9fox for doing the math - or at least
letting his computer do the math.

Scott and I are going to attempt to be the socre dudes.  one or
both of us will be on 80m after all the "major" contests to
collect scores.  our goal is to provide quick and accurate
score collection.  we also will make every effort to post
them to the reflector as soon after the contest as possible.
if you have any comments or suggestions please let one
of us know.  we can be reached at:

ka9fox@aol.com

geoiii@bga.com

or the phone number below.

thanks - and i will see you after the ssb sprint - 3830 or nearby.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.

From: robert penneys <penneys@freezer.cns.udel.edu> (robert penneys)
Subject: Want Jeff-bashing message again.

We were treated to a story last week of KR0Y being attacked and waylaid
before the Sprint. I told the story on our repeater and they want it for our
newsletter.

I don't know how to access past messages. If anyone could help me, please....

Tnx Bob   WN3K   NERDS