Single-Multi

Subject: Single-Multi
From: km9p@aol.com (km9p@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 27 11:49:45 1994
>While a TS450 and a vertical could help as a second rig, it sure won't be
competitive.

I disagree.  It might not be competitive with a super station, but anything
will make you more competitive and a better operator.  I won S/O Low Power
ARRL one year from home with a single tower.  The 2nd rig consisted of a
TS-830S, a R4 vertical for 20/15/10, and a dipole for 40M.  I worked ALOT of
guys on that 2nd rig.  Suprised me how many guys came right back to my calls.
 In SS this same 2nd station was no worse than anything else I could have put
up.  Everyone hears ya anyway.

Instead of restricting the S/O we should be looking for ways to turn them
loose.  The guy that can operate 2 rigs at once is a better op. than one that
can't!

Bill