40M Antenna dilemma

Subject: 40M Antenna dilemma
From: km9p@aol.com (km9p@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 27 22:25:15 1994
I warned you guys!  Another antenna question...

I have two 3" x 24' booms.  VERY thick walled.  I bought them as two 4
element quads.  I've been doing some work the past two weeks on optimizing
them into a 7 element on a 48' boom.  It now occurs to me that I may be
wasting my time.

I also have two 402CD yagis that I had intended to stack for use on 40M.
Would it be smarter to sell the 402's and buy the aluminum needed to make two
full sized 2 element yagis?  (I want to stick with 2 elements because I don't
want to hastle with replacing rotors and other hastles associated with a 3
element full sized.)  Afterall, the biggest expense for these antennas is the
boom!

If the answer is yes...  What do you recommend for element configuations for
such an antenna... As in, what sizes and how much overlap etc etc...

I sure appreciate your help, and putting up with my hogging the frequency!

Bill
KM9P@AOL.COM