Front to back ratio

Subject: Front to back ratio
From: ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM (ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM)
Date: Thu Apr 14 09:45:07 1994
RE:Seems like height above
ground would have as much to do with rejection of USA qrm. My present tower is
only 45 feet high and it doesnt do squat for US rejection.

Correct me on this one, but I was alway under the impression that a
tower of 40-45 feet was OPTIMAL for working US stations.

since I don't have any tower or beams, I depend on merely a vertical
for low angle propagation, and depend on filters to reject QRM which
is quite wild on 20m of course.

73, alan N2ALE/6