Ham Radio Internet Compendium

Subject: Ham Radio Internet Compendium
From: jcoleman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (jcoleman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 18 11:04:16 1994
Contest Reflector:

Send broadcast messages to: CQ-CONTEST@TGV.COM

The following commands can be handled automatically through
CQ-CONTEST-REQUEST@TGV.COM

 SUBSCRIBE - subscribe to a mailing list
 SIGNOFF - remove yourself from a mailing list
 REVIEW - get a list of subscribers
 QUERY - get the status of your entry on the list
 SET NOMAIL - remain on the list but not receive mail
 SET MAIL - reverse the NOMAIL setting
 SET CONCEAL - conceal yourself from REVIEW listings
 SET NOCONCEAL - reverse the CONCEAL setting
 SET NOREPRO - prevent the list from sending you your own postings
 SET REPRO - reverse the NOREPRO setting
 LIST - get a list of mailing lists available on this host
 HELP - receive a help file
 QUIT - terminate processing (skipping signature, etc.)

You must send your commands in the body of a mail message. Subject
lines in mail messages are ignored.

DX Reflector:

Send broadcast messages to:  dx@unbc.edu

Subscription, removal, all other administrative issues should be sent to
dx-REQUEST@unbc.edu

CT Software Users Reflector:

Send broadcast messages to: CT-USER@MLO.DEC.COM

The following commands can be handled automatically through
MajorDomo@STTNG.MLO.DEC.COM

 subscribe CT-USER - subscribe to a mailing list
 unsubscribe CT-USER - remove yourself from a mailing list
 HELP - receive a help file
 index ct-user - gets a list of the available files
 get ct-user file.name - sends the file that has the given name

You must send your commands in the body of a mail message. Subject
lines in mail messages are ignored.

ARRL:

 DXCC                   dxcc@arrl.org
 Awards (WAS, etc.)             awards@arrl.org
 Contests                       contests@arrl.org

The ARRL has FOUR (4) ways to enter ALL ARRL contests.

Within 30 days after the contest, send your entries via:

INTERNET - ASCII summary sheet and ASCII log file (following the ARRL
Suggested File Format) to contest@arrl.org

ARRL BBS - ASCII summary sheet and ASCII log file (following the ARRL
Suggested File Format) BBS up to 14.4-k baud telephone: (203) 665-0090

DISK - Paper summary sheet and ASCII log file (following the ARRL Suggested
File Format) 3.5 or 5.25 inch diskettes (high or low density)

PAPER ENTRY - Official forms or reasonable facsimiles, Summary sheet, logs,
dupe sheets

Mailing Address: ARRL Contest Branch 225 Main Street Newington, CT 06111

Online callbook:

 Telnet to callsign.cs.buffalo.edu 2000

Online propagation information:

 finger solar@xi.uleth.ca
 finger daily@xi.uleth.ca
 finger aurora@xi.uleth.ca

FCC items available by anonymous FTP

FCC's Daily Digest, news releases, some public notices, and speeches by
Commission officials are accessible. FTP to "anonymous@fcc.gov". The
password is your INTERNET address.

Online QSL information:

Send a message with DX callsigns in the body to qsl-info@aug3.augsburg.edu

Gopher:

An incomplete list of ham radio related repositories accessible via Gopher:

 COOMBS.ANU.EDU.AU
 CHEOPS.ANU.EDU.AU
 OAK.OAKLAND.EDU

Send any corrections, additions, deletions to ka6a@uiuc.edu