SS results..

Subject: SS results..
From: jepsen_st@goedux.ENET.dec.com (jepsen_st@goedux.ENET.dec.com)
Date: Fri Apr 29 09:53:09 1994
  Personally I'm very disappointed in the new format for the SS results.
Because the old system presented the results by state, it was easy to
compare results with friends and neighbors. Under the new format, it's
difficult to tell who did best in any particular state, and comparing
results by state is an arduous task.
 It's true that the new format more accurately reflects the scoring
structure of SS. But, the majority of SS particapants aren't in the contest
to win. They're often more interested in comparing their results with
those of friends in their geographic area.
 I believe that the long term result of this change will be reduced
participation in this contest. It's important to remember that the views
offered on this reflector are the views of serious contesters, not the
majority, the casual contest operators.
Steve..AI7W