SS stuff

Subject: SS stuff
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Mon May 2 13:28:16 1994
: With the recent SS scores of K3UA@K3LR, KM9P@N4RJ and W2GD maybe the
: eastern guns should give SS a try again?

well actually - k3lr, km9p, wc4e, k4xs, w2gd, ka9fox, k1tr, w2tz
and a whole bunch of other folks have been doing very well in the
ss for years and years from the east coast.

in fact i think that a good operator can do well in this contest -
ie. make the top ten from just about anywhere in the country.

the only real exception is high power phone when you have to
work all the novices.

BTW - if you made the ss a qso per band contest the above would not
      be true - the west would bury you in high band qsos!

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.