Covenants, Restrictions

Subject: Covenants, Restrictions
From: RKILE@delphi.com (RKILE@delphi.com)
Date: Tue Jun 14 22:36:48 1994
    Covenants, and restrictions are a modern day result of money and greed.
If you eliminated exclusive rights for cable distribution in new
developements you would eliminate many of the covenants regarding radio and
TV antennas. (Problem at the source)
    There are only two other ways to beat them. (1) By default of the
developer before transfer of control to home owners groups. This by default
my be considered an under the table agreement and failure to respond to a
specific request of variance as specified in the covenant and deed
restrictions. You simply follow the specified procedures and wait for
response time to run out. Provided there are no city or county orders to
overcome.
    The last and by far most successfull way to beat em, is not buy em. Look
for resale property in areas with major covenant and restriction violations
that have not been enforced, or preferrably don't exist at all. By looking
for an older property several things will happen. They are as follows: (1)
you will get a better constructed home unless your extremely wealthy and can
afford anything. (2) You will have more property as in larger lot. (3) You
will find a community where people don't give a ----.
    The bottom line is only you can make the decision whether or not you
want to continue to pursue Ham Radio.

73, Bob KG7D temporarily QRT, in apartment

internet "rkile@delphi.com"