Capacitor on Icom mic line?

Subject: Capacitor on Icom mic line?
From: KA9FOX@aol.com (KA9FOX@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 24 12:59:58 1994
I purchased the Contest Voice Blaster software from LTA Industries during
Dayton.  I'm now just getting to building the mic/PTT interface and I have a
question.  I own a TS-930, but I mostly guest-op at other stations... many of
which have Icom rigs (especially IC-765s).  So, I need to build a Icom mic
plug.  I have the pin-outs, but as I understand it, I should also put a
capacitor on the mic line?  Do I need to do this?  If so, what is the value?

Ironically, I have been plugging my Heil headset into various Icom rigs for
the last two years - with no capacitor - and things have been just fine.

PLEASE... let's not have another sling-shot thread on this.  Just e-mail me
your replies and I will summarize and post to the reflector.

73 Scott KA9FOX  (Yes, still babeless.  No news is bad news)
ka9fox@aol.com