Repeaters!

Subject: Repeaters!
From: popyackl@ers.rl.af.mil (Leonard J Popyack, Jr.)
Date: Mon Jun 27 12:07:51 1994
On Wed, 22 Jun 1994 07:13:45 -0400 (ED, Barry Martz wrote:

>Funny to hear all the talk about repeaters.  I live in a city of about
>20,000 and we have about a dozen repeaters!  I have decided to change the
>name of the local club to the Net and Repeater club.  That's all they do
>up here!  Sad situation.
>
>73 de KI8W/Barry
That's all they do here also.  We used to have a fine bunch of guys running
FD every year in the mid/late 80's.  Then some of them formed a nice club.
Soon that club grew and was overwelmed with tech-no-code & repeater rats.
Then came the attack on FD. 1) No money for food/beer/gas/ or other from
club; 2) Any club function will not have beer or alcohol served; 3) etc

So, the good old boys club was no longer & the good old boys CW mostly FD
with beer and fine FD foods fell on its face.  This club now holds field
day for saying they held it (very non-competive).  The good old boys have
started the Len & John Beer Co FD effort (now in its 2nd year).  All the
beer you can drink as long as you work CW. Maybe we worked, WF2L 2A WNY...

73 Len WF2V

From: Mr. Brett Graham" <bagraham@HK.Super.NET (Mr. Brett Graham)
Subject: All Asia CW

I know this is a bit late, but after seeing K6XO/7's posting of his AA CW
score, a thought struck me...

In my experience, most folks in the States (not necessarily amateurs) are
geographically challenged - with a high percentage thinking VS6 is a part of
JA.  As an example, I've long given up going back stateside, but when I did,
invariably I was asked if I'd learned to speak Japanese yet.

Fair enough - having been here too long, I realize a basket case country when
I see one.  However, it has never ceases to piss me off that when I call CQ in
the AA that it's mostly JAs who reply...

Conditions aren't _really_ that bad in the summer - now you know why most of
Asia isn't on for the AA!

73, VS6BrettGraham aka VR2BG bagraham@hk.super.net