"Wierd Phonetics"

Subject: "Wierd Phonetics"
From: popyackl@ers.rl.af.mil (Leonard J Popyack, Jr.)
Date: Thu Jun 30 15:38:14 1994
On Wed, 29 Jun 1994 10:58:36 CST, Evert Halbach wrote:

>Seen a post on "Wierd Phonetics".  Never could think up a good one
>for my call "WA5OJI".  Well maybe with the trial going on someone can
>dream up a good one for me.......
>
>        73 de wa5OJi  Evert
how about OJ involved

heard a good one: OJ's Not guilty because he was a Buffalo Bill.  Buffalo
Bills choke not stab.
Len WF2V

From: Wilson, Mark" <mwilson@arrl.org (Wilson, Mark)
Subject: K3ZJ makes good

COMMISSIONER SUSAN NESS APPOINTS
DAVID R. SIDDALL LEGAL ADVISOR

Commissioner Susan Ness today appointed David R. Siddall as Legal Advisor.
Mr. Siddall will concentrate on mass media and wireless matters.

Mr. Siddall has contributed to a number of major Commission policy actions
intended to foster the availability of new technologies and services to the
public.  Since 1991, Mr. Siddall has served as Chief of the Frequency
Allocation Branch, which is responsible for authorizing use of the radio
spectrum by the many wireless services.

He has played a key role in establishing policies to govern the personal
communications and low-earth orbit satellite services, as well as for
digital audio broadcasting.

In the Mass Media Bureau from 1988 to 1991, Mr. Siddall was lead attorney
for formulating the Commission s initial policies governing high definition
television.
During 1989 he also served as Acting Assistant Chief, Law, of the Mass Media
Bureau with responsibility for many of the Commission s actions affecting
broadcast and cable.
In the Common Carrier Bureau, between 1985 and 1988, Mr. Siddall contributed
to the Commission s Computer Three policies that govern provision of
enhanced services by telephone common carriers.

Before joining the Commission in 1985, Mr. Siddall specialized in
communications law at the Congressional Research Service of the Library of
Congress, where he worked on a broad range of communications legislation and
issues.

Mr. Siddall earned his J.D. degree at The National Law Center of the George
Washington University, where he was articles editor of the Journal of
International Law and Economics.  He is a member of the Bars of the District
of Columbia and the U.S. Supreme Court.  A native of Cape Cod,
Massachusetts, Mr. Siddall resides with his wife Mary and sons James and
Michael in Great Falls, Virginia.