Phonetics

Subject: Phonetics
From: KF8TY@aol.com (KF8TY@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 7 21:03:46 1994
Being brand new to the contest forum I was surpised to find a topic that I
wanted to reply to so quickly.  I despise the use of strange phonetics during
the Field Day Test (contest or not).  Their are so many stations on during
this weekend with weak signals that the use on non-standard phonetics makes
the exchange all that much more difficult.  I don't know how many contacts I
missed by spending extra time trying to figure out some call by "phunny"
phonetics.
73, Barry KF8TY