The Weiners moved in next door.

Subject: The Weiners moved in next door.
From: Waltk@PICA.ARMY.MIL (Waltk@PICA.ARMY.MIL)
Date: Thu Jul 21 15:05:52 1994
K5GA sez:

>I suggest that we have a contest where US stations CANNOT call cq. Only DX
>stations call cq.

I sez:

Whats next? We can only work stations on the 'even' minutes. Stop whining.

From: H. Ward Silver" <hwardsil@seattleu.edu (H. Ward Silver)
Subject: A DX CONTESTERS CONTEST

How about a DX Sprint?  Call CQ once, then move it on down the line?

Chaos!  Fun!
(but maybe not for 48 hours ;-))

73, Ward N0AX

From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)

Bill K5GA says (heavily edited):

        I suggest that we have a contest where US stations CANNOT call
        cq. Only DX stations call cq.

        It should be much more fun for the small pistoled DX stations

        This could generate more popularity within the DX community to join
        in on the fun since these big muscled CQers would be silenced.

So international contests are just designed for Amurricans, huh?
Put yourself in the position of a European "small pistol".  This
poor person hears no loud Ws calling, the only thing on the band
is the loud Europeans hogging their frequencies and calling CQ.
Great...     To be fair, nobody anywhere should be allowed to call
CQ, but that wouldn't make for a very interesting contest.

I suppose other nationalities are equally to blame, but Amurricans
do tend to think that all the contests are there just for them.
After the ARRL contests, we get lots of scores posted, and complaints
about the small number of JAs on the band.  After the most recent
JA-sponsored contest, we got one W score posted, and that was it.

Likewise, the "contest season" is the winter, right?  Only if you
live in the northern hemisphere.  Ever think about the complaints
of lack of activity from VK/ZL in the "major contests"?   Ever hear
those DXpeditions who dare to listen for Europe or JA when we can
still hear them?  In five minutes they are convered up by Ugly
Americans calling "USA!!  USA!!"

I think I feel better now.

Derek AA5BT, G3NMX
oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu