Help

Subject: Help
From: N0bsh@aol.com (N0bsh@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 15:15:37 1994
Where's Joe Walsh when you need him - WB6???

Mike N0BSH

From: Steve Harrison <sharriso@sysplan.com> (Steve Harrison)
Subject: Dymo labels for cables

A more permanent (and harder to do, especially at the top of a tower)
alternative is to etch the cable name into the connector shell with one
of those cheap home vibration etcher things.

For something that only has to last several months, you can create small
paper labels (about 1/2" x 1" long) and stick the label,
writing-side-out, onto a piece of wide, clear tape that you then wrap
around the end of the cable. Or, I suppose you could sandwich the paper
label between the cable and a piece of clear heatshrink. You might wrap
the ends of the heatshrink with electrical tape to be certain that
moisture doesn't get in. You can even create other labels for the shack
end of a cable that indicate such info as measured VSWR @ whatever
frequency on such-and-such a date for comparison against later
troublesome VSWR problems.

Be aware that most kinds of ball-point inks will fade with exposure to
sunlight.

73, Steve KO0U/4 <sharrison@sysplan.com>