Contest Club milage rules

Subject: Contest Club milage rules
From: BlckHole@aol.com (BlckHole@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 1 13:23:05 1994
N0AX mentions changing around the area of a club depending on what contest is
being held.

We in the Society of Midwest Contesters are currently discussing the same
thing, only applied to the current 175 mile radius circle.  We have a problem
that may plague other clubs in less populated areas, that is, people who
really WANT to compete with our club but are outside our 175 mile radius.

We toyed with the idea of having a "sliding" center point that would change
contest to contest or season to season.  The idea was to get as many
interested people "under" the circle as possible.  Some thought that this was
not within the SPIRIT of the 175 mile rule so we have not gone any further on
this even though the rules don't say that it CAN'T be done.

I would be interested in any comments from CAC / ARRL on this issue !

Keith  WB9TIY
Society of Midwest Contesters