SCREW-IN GUY ANCHORS

Subject: SCREW-IN GUY ANCHORS
From: N6ZZ@aol.com (N6ZZ@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 2 20:30:21 1994
I understand that utility companies use screw-in guy anchors that consist of
a rod about 6 feet long with a plate at the bottom that's 8 or 10 inches in
diameter.  A couple of questions about these devices:

  1.  Could you share any experiences about installing them?

  2.  Do you have any war stories, pro or con, about using them?

  3.  Do you have any written specifications as to their holding capability
in "average" soils, such that might be submitted to a relatively
unsophisticated city building permit Department?

Inquiring minds want to know.  Please reply directly to N6ZZ@AOL.COM.  If the