10 meter stack

Subject: 10 meter stack
From: cvanhoo@heartland.bradley.edu (Chuck Van Hoorn)
Date: Tue Aug 16 14:51:50 1994

This summer I put up 2 identical 6 element 10 meter yagis at 60 and 80 feet.
Those heights were used because they could be rotated at those heights
without hitting guys wires. They are fed using a T connector to 1/4 wave
of 72 ohm coax to equal lenghts of 50 ohm coax to the antennas. The SWR
looks fine, but on many test my Mosley Pro 57 at 110 feet out preforms
the stack. When these antennas were fed seperatly they were usally about
the same as the Pro 57. It seems that since I have fed them together
the performance is slightly degraded. Most of the openings this summer
have been Sporadic E, but I have tested the antennas on some openings
to LU and for the most part the pro 57 has been better by an s unit.

What did I do wrong? Any thoughts or suggestions including reading material
ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Chuck
KG9N