Coax stubs

Subject: Coax stubs
From: N0bsh@aol.com (N0bsh@aol.com)
Date: Sat Sep 3 00:50:24 1994
KI4HN, KA9FOX, and I will be heading to St. Maarten to operate PJ8Z - M/S -
in the upcoming CQ WW SSB Contest.  As it looks right now we will have 1 run
station and 1 mult station.

I'm looking for information on using coax stubs for filtering between the two
stations.  Some questions that come to mind include:

1)  Lengths required for nulling various bands - open/shorted?

2)  Can stuff like RG58 be used or should we stick with RG8 (will
      be running about 1KW on each station?)

3)  Do they need to be made with 50 ohm coax or can 75 ohm be
     used (have some of both laying around?)

4)  Can we put these on a coax switch and switch in the ones we
      need depending on band?

5)  Is it worth all this or should we just get out the MC/Visa and
     buy the Dunestar filters?

Any info and notes from practical experience would be much appreciated.

(But please, no Calculus equations or Fourier transforms!!  :-)  (-: )

Please reply to me directly... I post a summary of responses to the
reflector.

Thanks!!

73  Mike  N0BSH
n0bsh@aol.com