Women and CQ

Subject: Women and CQ
From: WA6OTU@PUCK.CALTECH.EDU (WA6OTU@PUCK.CALTECH.EDU)
Date: Mon Sep 5 06:38:58 1994
Somehow, I think Scott Fox would have something interesting
to say about this.

Speaking as a male who discovered contesting before sex, I
used to think there was nothing better than contesting.  Even
after I found out that girls liked me a lot, it was easy to
maintain a balance.  Throughout the courtship and wedding of
my first wife, I learned that great sex was on a par right
up there with contesting.  She was exceptionally accomodating
of my operating, too, which immediately separated me out from
the majority of my colleagues.

This balance was fine until the first time I went outside the
country to single-op the CQWW CW.  I guess I finally crossed
the line.  Not having the sense to see it the first time, I
went back the next year.  After the third year in a row, I had
to move out the next day upon returning home.

I guess if the topic of this discussion was WOMEN and SS,
things would be different.  To be a hired gun in the SS doesn't
take several grand and a month of preparation.  She used to
come with me and take good care of me for domestic contests.

But oh, that dreaded CQWW.

Since then I have discovered GREAT sex, and truly there is
no comparison.  Anybody want the keys to my station?  I only
operate when SHE'S out of town.

Like I keep telling myself, 'After all, it IS just a hobby.'

73
Mark, WA6OTU
wa6otu@caltech.edu