Guy Wire Preforms

Subject: Guy Wire Preforms
From: BlckHole@aol.com (BlckHole@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 8 15:50:20 1994
While we're on the subject of guying ......

I need guy preforms for standard 1/4" cable.  I have a well priced source of
PN GDE1104 preforms from (I think) Poleline Products in Ohio.  Are these what
I want ??  Is there a reason to spend almost 3 times more for Big Grip
BG2144's ???  The GDE's are what the local power company uses on its pole
guys.

Also, on the subject of preforms, when one uses insulators (like Joyslen or
AB Chance 502's) does a standard 1/4" grip have enough "eye" clearance to use
with the insulator by itself ??  Or, does one need to use insulator clevis's,
ect.

I guess I should have known, but I've never broken up guys before...

Tnx

keith WB9TIY
BlckHole@aol.com