What amp for DXpedition?

Subject: What amp for DXpedition?
From: KA9FOX@aol.com (KA9FOX@aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 9 19:03:23 1994
My first taste of being DX will be CQWW SSB at PJ7 (using special call PJ8Z).
 Will be Multi/single with N0BSH & KI4HN at Residence La Chatelaine.  You may
have read about the place in the latest CQ Magazine, Chod Harris' article.

Anyway, I've decided that I want to buy a used portable HF amplifier that I
can take with me on the plane to PJ7 and also to any future DX spots (might
as well go now before I get some babe telling me I can't go!)

MANY of you have done this countless times, so I am asking for your input as
to which amps would be small enough and reliable for a contesting DXpedition
and fit my pocketbook.  I could afford to spent about $400-$500 tops.  I
realize I won't be bringing an Alpha 87A!!  I guess if any of you have an amp
that would fit the bill and for sale, you could also drop me a note.

I will summarize all suggestions and post in the near future.

73 Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox@aol.com

P.S.  I turn 30 on Sept. 27th (Is that how old petrified dinosaur dung is???)
 Big party on Friday Sept 23rd if anybody is gonna be near La Crosse,
Wisconsin on that date.