7.002 CW Vee Beacon Info Wanted

Subject: 7.002 CW Vee Beacon Info Wanted
From: JFSINGER@delphi.com (JFSINGER@delphi.com)
Date: Sat Sep 10 16:13:15 1994
     A beacon that sends continuous CW v's has been heard for years on 7.002,
 mostly during the winter. At rare times it ID's on CW as RCQ45. The signals
 appear to be coming from the UL7/UA9 area.
     The beacon is becoming copiable around 1130z long path and around 0100z
 short path in Missouri. This evening it was quite strong.
     For the past year I have been logging appearances of the beacon and
 tape recording some of its more interesting variations.
     Does anyone have any info or comments about this highly useful ( for
 DXers) beacon? Anyone have ideas about its purpose? Where do you think it's
 located?
     I am especially interested in comments from listeners in Europe/Asia.
                           Jeff Singer K0OD    jfsinger@delphi.com