Sprint mults...

Subject: Sprint mults...
From: N0bsh@aol.com (N0bsh@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 10:50:41 1994
On a slighlty different tangent...

I recall some discussion in the NCJ from the early 80s about the Canadian
multipliers in the sprint, ie. why are the Maritime provinces all lumped
together as one mult?  (I guess NWT and Yukon are too)  The argument by the
VE contingent was that by this logic then New England (W1) should be one mult
as well.  I don't remember anyone explaining why this is.  It does seem
rather bizarre that two guys, one in NS and one In NB, could be on but they
count as the same section but if the guy from NS hops a boat to CY0 he
suddenly counts for a bit more.

I think the NAQP defines the Canadian mults in a similar fashion but breaks
it down a bit by using Canadian call areas.  When VY2 and VE9 came about -
presto! - two new mults!!!

This is neither a complaint about the current system nor a proposal for
change - just idle curiosity.

Mike  N0BSH