Questions on 80M Loop

Subject: Questions on 80M Loop
From: kd5pj@lobby.ti.com (kd5pj@lobby.ti.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 18:13:13 1994
N4ZR> Well ... quoth N4ZR ... not necessarily.  My 80-m full-wave square
N4ZR> loop is fed at the lower corner (as someone "authoritative"
N4ZR> suggested in  print).  It's in the vertical plane, but both
N4ZR> computer modeling and on the air results indicate that it's a
N4ZR> cloud-warmer too.  Max radiation is about 60 degrees above the
N4ZR> horizon.  The best theoretical place to feed one of these for low
N4ZR> angle of radiation - at least one like mine, where the lower wire
N4ZR> is very close to the ground - is half-way or more up one side.

There is an article in the Feb or Mar or Apr issue of RADIOSPORTING
(forgot the author, sorry) that addresses the proper way to feed a Delta
Loop to enhance it's vertical radiation pattern.  The idea is to feed it
at a point 1/4 wave down from the apex.  I don't have the article here
with me, but would gladly dig it out and make copies if anyone is
interested.

                        ^
                      /   \
                     /     \