two radios

Subject: two radios
From: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org (Jim Stahl)
Date: Sat Sep 17 17:03:00 1994
I have no problems with two radio operation, although being stuck with
a tribander (actually a six bander, a PRO-67A) I can't operate two
bands due to lack of separate antennas.

I do have a problem with two radio operations that are using two
chunks of bandwidth simultaneously.  There just isn't enough to go
around, especially with 10 meters dead for the next few years.

If it is not already prohibited, I believe there should be a one
signal at a time rule for single op and single op assisted/unlimited
in all HF contests.  As a practical matter this cause multiband CQing
to cease, since it would not be worth the hassle of frequency fights
any time you stopped transmitting long enough to have a QSO on the
second band.

Two radios = OK      Two signals = NOT OK

     Jim Stahl    K8MR

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 216/237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 14.4k-300 baud