More 2 radio contesting

Subject: More 2 radio contesting
From: N0bsh@aol.com (N0bsh@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 20 12:46:50 1994
I've been curious as to the recent fuss about some guys using two
radios while single-op.  It's not like this is a new concept - guys
have been doing it for many years.  You can hardly even call it
innovative anymore.  As long as it's done within the rules, (ie. only
one transmitted signal at a time, etc.) go for it!!

Perhaps some guys have just become complacent and thus, lazy.
Now that others are catching up or beating them they want to use
rule changes or "score qualification" to offset their failure to
adapt to the change.

And why do some feel that you have to spend big $$ in order to use
two radios?  As WX3N mentioned, I HAVE used my old TS 520 as a
second radio in several contests.  You don't have to be using state-
of-the-art equipment in order for it to be effective.  You could
always borrow a radio.

It's not totally unlike basketball where the US has been (and
generally still is) the world power.  But other countries are
becoming more competitive and are catching up to the level of the
US.  It scares the hell out of some people that the US could
actually get beat someday in the world arena and they might have
to actually make some changes in order to maintain the top
position.

So if using two radios isn't fun for you, fine.  Don't feel obligated
to buy (or borrow) a second radio.  Have as much fun as you can
with one radio.  That's what it's all about, anyway!!!  But please
don't define how I can have my fun.

73  Mike  N0BSH
n0bsh@aol.com