SUNDAY SPRINTS - ASK

Subject: SUNDAY SPRINTS - ASK
From: bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com (bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 17:14:01 1994

 Tr> Do you folks on the east coast really want to end the contest at
 Tr> midnight on Sunday?

 Tr> Tree N6TR
 Tr> tree@cmicro.com

No Way, Jose!  Besides, my wife will be torqued off by having to put the
kids to bed by herself regardless of which night I'm on.

73 de Bill, N6CQ/3

From: Victor Burns-KI6IM <vburns@netcom.com> (Victor Burns-KI6IM)
Subject: 10-minute rule (AGN!)

> Hmmm...just been glancing through the rules in the September 94 CQ and, while
> not really wanting to start a flood of postings about the 10-minute rule
> again,

[Stuff Deleted]

> Quote: 3. Multi-op, single-transmitter.
> Only one transmitter and one band permitted during any 10-minute period.
> Exception, one - and only one - other band may be used during any 10-minute
> period if - and only if - the station worked is a new multiplier.
> Unquote.

> Ok, so I'm running on 20 for a couple of hours and decide to go and run on 15.
> I change bands and begin my run.
> But...for a 10 minute period around the band change I have been running on 20
> (say for 5 minutes) and running on 15 (for another 5 minutes).
> So I have been on two bands but NOT just to work a new multiplier.

Good point per the exact wording of the rules, but obviously interpreted
as you absolutely must stay on the new band for ten minutes UNLESS
EVERYONE you worked on the new band was also a new mult!  And it  does
say the same time period which means ANY 10 minutes sequence: maybe you
gotta work real slow...new mults only when you change bands during the
first ten minutes (Oh no! let us not start this again, please).

Don't get too singed.

vvb
---