Score Summaries

Subject: Score Summaries
From: thm@rmc.liant.com (Tom Morrison)
Date: Tue Oct 4 11:01:05 1994
Chad, WE9V, writes:

> If contest scores can't be proudly forwarded here on the CQ-CONTEST reflector,
> maybe we should change it's name.

I agree.  But I also think that there is a compromise that COULD be
adopted.

Many mail readers allow filtering.  Some of the filtering capability
is hidden behind some rather baroque interface.  The principal
filter, the human being, has stunningly good filtering mechanisms.

If the subscribers to CQ-CONTEST were to adopt a convention for the
subject line to allow better filtering, then those that wish not to
[pay for, read, curse] individual score postings could be saved the
[expense, time, hypertension].  Those that wish to save and study
individual scores might benefit from most filters' capability to
dispatch messages to different folders.

Thoughts, Trey?

73, tom, k5tm