DVP?

Subject: DVP?
From: bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com (bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 16:53:34 1994
After considering whether I should grab a DVP while they're still
available, I decided to wait. Other options available are Soundcard/
LTA software and W9XTs Contest Card. One advantage of the DVP that
would be lost is the ability to send serial numbers, but I'm not
interested in many where this is part of the exchange. Most of the
time all that is required is a simple voice keyer for CQing and sending
5905 etc. I guess the DVP can supposedly also send the other guys call
but I've heard that this is tricky to implement for various reasons.

The Soundcard approach requires you to build an interface and switchbox
along with any required rfi debugging. The W9XT card comes with an
interface and also has a builtin CW keying interface. Plus it doesn't
require any interrupts which is a BIG plus to me.  The W9XT Contest Card
gets my vote.

73 de Bill, N6CQ/3 (n6cq@paonline.com)