ZZ Top M/M

Subject: ZZ Top M/M
From: ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM (ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 12 11:37:51 1994
Like many others, I missed the ZZ Top thing.  But there is a brief
but mildly interesting article about Dxpeditioning to Peter 1 etc. in
latest issue of "Outside". This is the magazine which always seems to
have at least one story per issue about somebody getting killed while
persuring their "outside" sport, this time it was from caving. If you
have a high risk story to tell, here's an alternative to the pages of
QST.  The closest to death I ever came from contesting was being attacked
by my two eight year old twins in the last ARRL 10 meter contest before
I understood the risk of TVI on Saturday morning cartoons. Yeah, I think
this is what QST wants for their pages.
73, alan N2ALE/6

From: DAVID ROBBINS KY1H W-413-494-6955 H-413-655-2714
ROBBINS@GUID2.DNET.GE.COM <robbins@guid2.dnet.ge.com> (DAVID ROBBINS KY1H
W-413-494-6955 H-413-655-2714 ROBBINS@GUID2.DNET.GE.COM
<robbins@guid2.dnet.ge.com>)
Subject: solar data on internet

A week or so ago i posted the WWW Mosaic home page for the space environmental
lab of noaa.  I couldn't find the same info in there that was in the weekly
printed report and sent query about getting that stuff on line.  the response
i got was:

>The weekly solar geophysical report is not yet available. I'm making
>arrangements
>to get it though, so maybe in a week or less. I'll send you email when we get
>it on the www server.  There is interest here in setting up Mosaic pages for
>several interest groups, such as satellite operators, power companies, etc.
>Perhaps we could set up one for ham radio stations?? Any input you might have
>on what would be on such a page would be appreciated.

please send me any suggestions and i will forward them on.  sounds like they
are busy so would hate to have him bombarded with mail from everyone.

I would basically want to see the 27 day outlook and last month data like
they publish in the weekly, plus the solar cycle summaries and predictions.

73, Dave KY1H  Robbins@guid2.dnet.ge.com