AA4NC SS CW

Subject: AA4NC SS CW
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 7 14:55:37 1994
No amount of whining can cover up for my suckage in this one!!

I started out the first 3 hours 50 Qs over last year, then the bottom fell
out for the rest of the weekend. I think there was an organized conspiracy to
ignore my CQs ( or everyone was just answering Jeff, Ralph and Bill). My S&P
efforts reminded me of Bill Murray "Groundhog Day" where I kept reliving the
same stations over and over on every band with no one to work! And I admit
that it was me that stalked out N4RJ to try and steal his frequency- I think
we need to add defense as a strategy in contesting -besides, I thought Bill's
frequency must have had some super selective propagation happening on it :-).

After going to bed at 0900 150 Qs down from last year, I basically quit. I
decided to try at least for a sweep (I had only 72 mults), but couldn't even
do that without cheating (I resorted to pleading on packet for a VE8 and
KL7). Looked like I wouldn't get KL7 at all until N4ZC told me that you just
had to stake out a 20m frequency and call CQ - all the KL7 were S&Ping. This
didn't seem to promising due to the previously mentioned conspiracy, however
after 15 minutes, I had worked not only 3 KL7s (2 in a row!) but a second YU
(VY1JA), so they were there. A note for you Seattle guys - go east to EWA for
a cheap expedition - didn't think I was gonna get that one for a long time
either...

Low sunspots, yeah that's the ticket -low sunspots...

My line score was 1035 / 77 - 22 hours

Congrats to Jeff and Gator and the frequency challenged KM9P - as they say
down here -dem boys is good!