KZ8E SS SOLP STX score

Subject: KZ8E SS SOLP STX score
From: Earl=Morse%EMC=Srvc%Eng=Hou@bangate.compaq.com (Earl=Morse%EMC=Srvc%Eng=Hou@bangate.compaq.com)
Date: Tue Nov 8 08:36:25 1994
                        ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1994

      Call: KZ8E                     Country:  STX
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80      119      238        -
       40      111      222        -
       20      227      454        -
       15      255      510        -
       10       15       30        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    727     1454       76

               Score:  110,504

Power Output: _150_ watts     Hours of operation: 23.5

Equipment Description:
FT-1000D
80 & 40 meter High SWR dipole @ 30 feet
80-10 meter ground mounted trap vertical with 4 radials.

Comments:

No equipment failures except the fan in the FT-1000 is getting loud.
Saturday night was mediocre here so I crashed at 0700z.  At 13:00z
I awoke to a pretty good 40 meters, but 15 meters yielded great runs.
Best score I ever had -- worse antennas I've ever used.  Kind of like
Field Day from my spare bedroom.  Due to flooding here I couldn't get
the tower up at the new QTH (hole filled with water, house didn't).
I don't even have anything grounded, maybe thats why I didn't have any
RFI in the FIF232 CAT interface.

Happiness is working that next to the last mult with 9 hours left in
the test.  I hate being teased by elusive KL7s that can't be found
unless they are operating from stateside.  I worked 2 and had to
ask for fills on the section because I couldn't believe it wasn't so.

Had a blast.  I don't think I'll miss the Blackhole so much now
because the propagation in Texas as compared to Michigan is so much
better and you can work on antennas all winter long.

Club Affiliation:

                             Signature

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               EARL MORSE  KZ8E