subscribe

Subject: subscribe
From: johnp@pc16.idcg.com (johnp@pc16.idcg.com)
Date: Mon Dec 5 10:25:54 1994
subscribe

John Pescatore WB2EKK
IDC Government
Falls Church, VA
pescatore@idcg.com

>From lvn@fox.gsfc.nasa.gov (Larry Novak)  Mon Dec  5 15:31:06 1994
From: lvn@fox.gsfc.nasa.gov (Larry Novak) (Larry Novak)
Subject: K3TLX ARRL 160 Score

Call: K3TLX

          325 Q's   61 Mults + 3 DX

          Score: 42,112

Category: Single Op, Unassisted, High Power
Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Equipment: TS-930SAT
           Ameritron AL-80A
           TR log version 5.09
                   Inverted-L at 55 feet

Operating Time: About 10 hours.

Comments:
What great fun! This is my first season on 160 and hadn't worked
anything west of WI until the contest. Ended up with 44 states. Most fun
was deciding to go to bed about 0600Z Friday night, then finding a clear
frequency, calling CQ and running until about 0715 when I just couldn't
stay awake any longer. Wish I could have, because Saturday night
conditions weren't nearly as good. Disappointed with how little DX I
worked. Tough contest for DX - DX window is pretty much ignored.

-- Larry