*Want* FT-1000 RS-232 Int...

Subject: *Want* FT-1000 RS-232 Int...
From: W8FN@aol.com (W8FN@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 5 16:40:37 1995
I would think you could just whip up a circuit based on one of the MAX232
chips (available from Digi-Key). However...
By the time you round up the parts, including a box to put it in, you'll have
probably spent 25-30 bucks. I would instead recommend just going out to your
friendly radio dealer and getting one of the MFJ interface units. ( I don't
recall the model number --- think 5883 or some such).  It is all built into a
DBM-25 plug shell with a DIN plug at the other end of the cable to match the
radio's port. It's powered directly from the computer's RS-232 port, so you
don't have to fool with power supplies or anything. I got one for $45 from
one of the many mail-order dealers and it works well. They come in Yaesu,
Icom and Kenwood flavors, and the documentation includes a sketch of where to
put the wires on the PC board to change the type. Never thought I would be
recommending anything by MFJ, but this one does work well and the price is
right.

GL & 73...  Randy, W8FN