New Contest: GridLoc

Subject: New Contest: GridLoc
From: barron@rmc.liant.com (Robert Barron)
Date: Fri Mar 3 17:26:39 1995
N3BDA wrote:

> Sounds like a nice contest.  Will there be logging software available?
> I don't expect CT will work, especially for the first running of the contest.

At this time no software supports GridLoc.  I'm hoping to convince
N6TR to add support to his software very soon but even that will be
close to the start of the contest.  For computer logging I suppose
the best thing to do is find a mode that allows entry of enough
space for name and grid.  At least you'll have dupe checking by band
and that's rather helpful.

I am thinking about how difficult it would be to write a conversion
program to take logs of the kind mentioned above and score the log
based on the GridLoc rules.  I'll check that out this weekend.  If
I could do it easily it would be a useful tool this year.

I'm also hoping that the next time the contest occurs there will be
support added to several software packages.

73,

Robert Barron, KA5WSS                 barron@rmc.liant.com
Liant Software Corporation            Hook 'Em Horns!
Don't forget to operate the GridLoc contest (April 8-9, 1995)