Infobahn to Packet Link

Subject: Infobahn to Packet Link
From: pfeuffer@eznet.com (pfeuffer@eznet.com)
Date: Sat Apr 1 19:24:00 1995
Anyone have an address for either side of the I-net / Packet link,

-------------------------------------
Joe Pfeuffer - 04/01/95  19:24:00
E-mail:pfeuffer@eznet.com
Compuserve: 76665,317
Packet: KW1K @KA7FVV.#EWA.WA.USA.NOAM
-------------------------------------

From: Bill Turner <wrt@eskimo.com> (Bill Turner)
Subject: your mail

On Sat, 1 Apr 1995 aa9jy@comone.com wrote:

> Is there anyone out there, maybe a EA station, who could e-mail me
> a list of different providences and their abbrevations?
>
> I am in the EA RTTY contest and there seems to be many available, but
> there was no list with the announcement in QST....
>
> It would sure help to know how where out there to work.
>
> Oh well good luck to anyone in this contest
>
> Dean AA9JY
> aa9jy@comone.com

Here's a list of the abbreviations taken from the April Digital Journal,
page 20:  A, AB, AL, AV, B, BA, BI, BU, C, CA, CC, CE, CO, CR, CS, CU,
GC, GE, GR, GU, H, HU, J, L, LE, LO, LU, M, MA, ML, MU, NA, O, OR, P, PM,
PO, S, SA, SE, SG, SO, SS, T, TE, TF, TO, V, VA, VI, Z, ZA.  52 in all.

Only the abbreviations were listed, not the full names.

Good luck and 73 de Bill, W7LZP

From: Bill Turner <wrt@eskimo.com> (Bill Turner)
Subject: RTTY contest software

Seems like everybody knows of WF1B's RTTY contest software, but I
understand there are at least three others on the market:

Aries (source unknown)
Comprtty II by KC2HO
Scotchlog by WA7EGA

Does anyone have any experience with these they would like to share?
Will post all relevant replies.

73 de Bill, W7LZP

From: De Syam <syam@Glue.umd.edu> (De Syam)
Subject: E20AT score in WPX SSB

A QSO with HS2JFW brought the news that E20AT in Thailand had a score of
1,719,671 in the CQ WPX SSB.

This was a training session for most of the participants so the idea was
to train them in contesting and not to maximize score.  The same team
participated in the ARRL Phone DX Contest from HS1AH and between 40
opeerators they made only 30 contacts, probably an all-time record for
operators/QSO ratio.

For posterity here are the operators of the HS1AH crew.  These are the
guys who, when they each get their home stations set up, will begin to
restore the balance to the West Coast, thus hopefully staving off these
wild schemes about changing multiplier points, etc.

HS1RWL HS0LLA HS1AMT HS0SMG E21ARW HS1MXM HS7MVG HS3II HS1DDH HS0ECG
E21MIS E21MKI E21CRS E21EFL E21EKC HS0CCO HS7AIH E21NHL E21IBS HS0HY
E21NGA E21NDS E21HBA E21EMJ E21HPI E21IOV HS0IUO HS1CHB E21HJZ HS2JFW
HS7IKF E21FTZ E21SMN E21LBB E21VK HS4DEV E21IYK E21VD HS2MIF E21HXB

Here is the list of stations that were worked by the HS1AH operation in
the ARRL SSB DX Test, just so everyone knows who really gets out from
back here:

K2VV K1ZM N2NU KS9K K1RU K3LR KM1H K3TUP K1KI N2RM W3LPL K5NA K1AR K2SX/1
K3ANS KF2ET KC1XX VE7RCN N7BZI VA7A W7IL AB6LJ W6CCP W6FEN K5XI K6XO/7
K5ZD KM6YX NW6S W6KP

Note that K3ZO was not on the list even though I speak the Thai language
and was ready and willing....!

                                  Very 73,

                                    Fred Laun, K3ZO

From: scott@6.microbbs.us.com (Scott Lieberman) (Scott Lieberman)
Subject: CQ CQ CQ

 t> One idea that always goes through my mind is to be able to listen to
 t> someone CQing, and if they have called 10 or 20 CQs in a
 t> row without working someone, be able to call them on it and they have  t>
to give you the frequency.

I personally prefer the N2IC "you must remain on a band for 5 minutes rule
proposal", but if you prefer the N6TR type solution, I think CQ counting is too
variable, that is, the length of each person's individual CQ and the time
between cq's can vary a lot.  I bet there are people who bang out 20 cq's in
less than 90 seconds.

I think a different way of accomplishing the same thing would be to allow you
to claim a cq frequency if the person already there has cq'd for 3 minutes
without a valid QSO on that frequency (ie: dupes don't count).