ARRL logs due this week

Subject: ARRL logs due this week
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (frenaye@pcnet.com)
Date: Sun Apr 2 18:19:03 1995
Don't forget the mailing deadline for ARRL DX CW and SSB logs is April 5th.

[slightly edited by K1KI]

From: "Lunt, Billy,  KR1R" <blunt@arrl.org>
To: CQ-Contest Reflector <CQ-Contest@TGV.COM>
Subject: Electronic Contest Entries

When submitting contest entries electronically via Internet or the ARRL BBS,
you should include an ASCII summary sheet and an ASCII log (following the
ARRL Suggested Standard File Format). Hard copies, dupe sheets and other
breakdown files are NOT needed.

With most of the popular contest logging programs (CT, NA, N6TR, etc), the
summary sheet file is the ????????.SUM and the log file is <your call
sign>.LOG (KR1R.LOG). Be sure to add any missing information to your summary
sheet file (ARRL Section, high power, low power, QRP, etc).

You may merge the two files (summary sheet file and log file) into
one ASCII text file and email as a text message to:  contest@arrl.org
Or, upload them to the ARRL at 203-665-0090 (9600 N-8-1).  The ARRL BBS at
203-666-0578 is not for file uploads.

At this time, HQ can not handle Internet MIME files.

The following is the ARRL Suggested Standard File Format, and a
sample file.

Refer to your software manual for instruction for generating
an ASCII file in the correct ARRL format.

73,
Billy

+------------------------------+-------------------------------+
| Billy Lunt, KR1R             | Voice:       203-666-1541     |
| Contest Manager              | FAX:         203-665-7531     |
| American Radio Relay League  | ARRL BBS:    203-666-0578     |
| 225 Main Street              | BBS Uploads: 203-665-0090     |
| Newington, CT 06111          | Internet:    blunt@arrl.org   |
+------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|       Send ARRL Contest Entries via:  contest@arrl.org       |

                     ARRL Suggested Standard File Format
                      For Submission of Contest Log Data

All files must be in standard ASCII format.

All files must be on an MS-DOS formatted disk, 3.5 inch (720-KB
or 1.44-MB) or 5.25 inch (360-KB or 1.2-MB); uploaded to the
ARRL BBS (203-665-0090); or sent via Internet (contest@arrl.org).

The diskette label should clearly indicate the call sign used,
contest name, entry class, and date of the contest.

The log data file name shall consist of the call sign and the extension
".LOG".  For example: KR1R.LOG.

The log file must consist of one line of data per QSO (no more
than 80 characters wide), without headers, footers, page breaks
or other non-ASCII characters.

All QSO data must appear in each line, aligned by columns, and
must include the following:

        band:  wavelength for HF and frequency for VHF.

        mode:  designator such as CW, PH, etc.

        date:  in MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY  format.

        time:  4-digit UTC without colons.

        call sign of station worked.

        complete exchange sent.

        complete exchange received.

        indication of multipliers:  for example an "*", section/prefix/zone,
        or etc.

        points claimed:  ALL unclaimed QSOs must be "0" points.

        Multioperator, two-transmitter category log in the
        ARRL International DX Contest must indicate which
        transmitter made which QSOs.

        In contests that require rest periods, the "times on"
        and "times off" must be in a separate column.

A paper summary sheet is required of all logs, either an official
ARRL summary sheet or a close facsimile with a signed contest participation
disclaimer.

Entries uploaded to the ARRL BBS or sent via Internet should
include a summary sheet file in lieu of a paper summary sheet.

All diskettes become the property of the ARRL and are not returnable.

SAMPLE FILE:

20 CW 15/02/92  0001  UW9WA        599 MA   599 100  *    3
20 CW 15/02/92  0001  UZ1AWJ       599 MA   599 200  *    3
20 CW 15/02/92  0002  OZ1IKW       599 MA   599 100  *    3
20 CW 15/02/92  0002  YU1GN        599 MA   599 100  *    3
20 CW 15/02/92  0003  UZ9XWT       599 MA   599 100       3
20 CW 15/02/92  0003  UZ4WWA       599 MA   599 200       3
20 CW 15/02/92  0004  OZ4UN        599 MA   599 500       3

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093
Phone: 203-668-5444

From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)
Subject: SquINT preparations

Ever the avid contester, I have been looking for guest ops for the
upcoming SquINT contest.  Not only do I not own a station, I have no
kids either, but the organizer assures me it is OK to hire one for
the event.   So I got a 13-yr old YL friend up to the W5EHM club shack
today and tried her out on the air.  She did pretty well, and on our
third QSO we were called by an older YL in California - it turned out
to be her first QSO ever.  Talk about double Elmering...

Anyway, my junior op has already learned her name in Morse, plus mine
and her mom's, so we are nearly ready for a CW version of SquINT. I just
have to teach her how to steal other kids' frequencies, overdrive the
amp, generate big key clicks, rubber-clock and pad the log with SK calls,
and we're all set to win the phone and CW categories.

Actually, I didn't tell her about the SquINT, and I have some younger
kids in mind as well, but this one is my fall-back op for the 15th.  The
rest of you folks had better start some serious training.  See you then -

Derek AA5BT, G3NMX
oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu