WRTC-96 NEWSRELEASE WRTC002

Subject: WRTC-96 NEWSRELEASE WRTC002
From: N3RR@aol.com (N3RR@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 00:09:02 1995

                        WRTC-96  News Release #WRTC002

                         For more     Bill Hider, N3RR
                         information  WRTC-96 Publicity Chairman
                         call:        301-424-2707
                                      E-MAIL: n3rr@aol.com
                                      or via PVDXSN

                         NEWS -- April 14, 1995 -- 0001 Z

(Washington, DC) - The WRTC-96 Administration announced enhancements to the
World Radiosport Team Championship Rules and to the Operator Rating
Calculations to accomodate the new 1996 date of the contest.

As previously announced, the WRTC-96 competition will be conducted within the
IARU HF Radiosport Championship Contest held July 13-14, 1996.

The RULES changes are as follows:

        Applications for team membership may be requested at any time from
        the WRTC Administration at the following address:

        WRTC-96
        c/o Hayman Systems
        14700 Sweitzer Lane
        Laurel MD 20707-5905 USA
        fax +1-301-470-1580

        The deadline for submission of applications shall be 1995 August 31.

        Applications sent by mail and postmarked after 1995 August 31 shall
        not be considered.

        The operator rating shall be calculated according to performance in
        contests whose results were published by the contest sponsor during
        the period, 1990 January - 1995 June.

        The ARRL 160m contest is deleted from the list of approved contests.

Changes to the Operator Rating Calculations are limited to clarification of
how to handle multi-operator scores.  No substantive change has been made
to this area.

The WRTC Administration will publish the final text of these documents
and they are expected to be available next week.

Questions and comments may be directed to Bill Hider, N3RR at the
address/phone number above or to:

      Eric Scace, K3NA, Co-Chairman
      10701 Five Forks Road
      Frederick, MD 21702-1674