ARRL contest scores online

Subject: ARRL contest scores online
From: /G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/@mhs-relay.ac.uk (/G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/@mhs-relay.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 21 10:02:17 1995

> The only practical solution to this is a high claimed scores list of the
> top 20, 50, (pick a number) in each category.  This would make sure the
> top scores were received and correctly entered in the database.

My view is that if you are going to publish a list of entries so that we
can check if our log went astray in the post, it must be ALL entries. This
means leaving a reasonable length of time after the deadline (which is
usually a date by which the entries must be postmarked).

If I have spent a long time persuading a new contester to have a go in,
say, CQ WW and he puts in 20 hours and works a hundred countries, has a
lot of fun and sends in his log, he's going to look forward to seeing his
score in the results listing and comparing it with others in Europe. For
his log to go astray in the mail is going to be just as much of a downer
as one of the 20, 50, (pick a number) high claimed entries going missing.

Sorry I won't see you all at Dayton this year - hoping to be back in 96

Dave G4BUO