Why not listeners ?

Subject: Why not listeners ?
From: I121171@relay.telecom.it (I121171@relay.telecom.it)
Date: Sat Apr 22 12:28:32 1995
Why major contests (WPX  WW  ARRL) are closed to listeners (SWL) ?
I'd like to know an answer from MANY of you, readers.
If great listeners can be good OM in the future the big contests are
a great change to start seriously with the radio. I'm a winner of many
international and national contests, but no one is excitin' like the
World Wide tests.... Poor of trophies ? Well I can offer a trophy to
the 1st SWL in the next WPX contest. Any other can do the same.
Please add the SWL category in your contest rules. Thanks
    I121171 Maurizio Bertolino - Short Wave Listener - Italy
   SWL Manager of A.R.I.  (Italian Amateur Radio Association)
   Sysop of Trance *free* BBS in Italy +39-11-482751 28,8 bps
 E-mail: I121171@amsat.org          <SWL: the art of listening>
425 DX WEB Page -->  http://metro.turnpike.net/I/I121171/index.html
 The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys