QST is becoming a rag

Subject: QST is becoming a rag
From: popyackl@ers.rl.af.mil (Leonard J Popyack, Jr.)
Date: Tue Apr 25 13:34:47 1995
Has anyone noticed how cheap and disgusting qst has become. First it was
a move to cheaper paper (close to tissue paper). Next, came six pages
of ads up front in qst (now it is 8 or 12 pages). Then to really make it
ratty, they plaster all sort of crap on the cover simimlar to supermarket
tabloids.  Finally, to really jam it up the members ass, they eliminate
the plastic wrapper and stick the label right to the front of the magazine.

Sometime change is good, but NOT in this case!!!  It sucks.  QST nolonger
looks like a professional Journal.  It now looks like an amateur journal
(tabloid is a better word)

ARRL, are you listening???

Len WF2V

From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)

        Has anyone noticed how cheap and disgusting qst has become. First it
        was a move to cheaper paper (close to tissue paper). Next, came six
        pages of ads up front in qst (now it is 8 or 12 pages). Then to really
        make it ratty, they plaster all sort of crap on the cover simimlar to
        supermarket tabloids.  Finally, ...   [etc]

Yeah, and then they have the nerve to charge about 1 cent for each page!
Well, OK, I use the ARRL bureau and many of their other services, so it
might cost me about one-fifth of a cent per page, but still, you'd think
they would hand deliver them to each of their members for that price.
That way they wouldn't get fingerprints on them from the postal workers
and stuff.  I bet lots of people breathe on those mags before we get them -
blecchhh!  And they have a lot of stuff in them about contests, who needs
this rag?  I bet there's a spelling mistake somewhere in mine, too!

Derek AA5BT, G3NMX
oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu